My Creative Blog + Sweet Sponsors

Welcome {to my New & Improved Entryway!}

I am on a mission. A mission to make my house feel somewhat normal, organized and beautiful in the midst of our kitchen renovation. I am failing miserably, by the way, if you were curious about the state of my mission. But still, I'm plugging away. While my hubs has been working diligently on our kitchen in his very rare spare time, I have been busy trying to impart a bit of character into our entryway. Last time you saw it, it looked like this: 

I love the giant letter"J" that I found at Home Goods, but the whole vibe of the space was just feeling off and, I hate to say it, boring. As you know, I love neutrals and think they can be warm and welcoming and interesting all at the same time, but if they're not used well, they can be plain, old boring. I decided to add some interest to that wall with the"J", since it's the one staring you in the face when you walk in the front door. I tossed around a bunch of ideas like adding our names around the letter, making it a gallery wall, stenciling and so on, but I just kept coming back over and over again to stripes. So, stripes it is. Plus, last week I shared that I was starting a gallery wall of white frames on the wall leading into the kitchen. Obviously, I have lost my mind, and can't find my way out of the million projects that keep accumulating in my head. But that's another story for another time.

I started by gathering all the frames I had laying around the house (and ok, confession: there are several walls in my house that are naked now that I took the frames from them), and decided on a layout. There is no real trick to this, but if you need help getting started, check out these gallery wall layout templates.

Then grab the cutest guy you know, and get to work. I wanted to see my frames on the wall before I spray-painted them white. I actually lived with the arrangement for a few days before I did anything to make sure that it was exactly how I wanted it. Fixing a nail hole is super-easy, so I wasn't too concerned about the possibility of me not liking it and having to repair a bunch of holes. To each, his own, I always say. 

And just so you know: it's never too early to teach your kids how to DIY.

Time to spray-paint! (Between this gallery wall and our Nate Show projects, I think my nickname should now be Captain Spraypaints-Alot or Wonder-Painter, or Super-Sprayer. You get the idea.)

So do you want to see it? Here's my new, not-boring-in-my-humble-opinion entryway!

Ignore the wonky lighting and wierd shadows- I missed good sunlight hours today!

This is the view from the kitchen, and yes, you are getting a peek at my new stencil, which is currently my most favorite thing ever.

I got these cute, little prints for free at Sprik Space. They come in a bunch of great colors!
And I absolutely can't wait to show you what I have planned for that big space above the stairs (you know, the one that still houses my remaining Christmas decor. Just keepin' it real, folks.)

What's your opinion of neutrals? Love them or hate them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you had the chance to check out Red Letter Word's gorgeous new Hymn Collection. If not, you really should! There's no better way to add meaningful art into your home.

I need this in my house ASAP. What a great reminder of what's really important.
Have an awesome day!

art, Design, diy, MegaCreative, print, and more:

Welcome {to my New & Improved Entryway!} + Sweet Sponsors