My Creative Blog + MegaCreative

Granny Frames! {Dining Room Update}

It's been a while since we've talked about my dining room… that could be because I've been scouring the earth to find ornate frames. I like to call them Granny Frames (Ha! I almost typed Granny Panties!) I'm obsessed with funky, ornate frames and guess what?? They're impossible to find lately. Who's buying up all my granny frames?

Here's the plain wall, just waiting for something fab-u-lous! I just know I'm going to adore the stark contrast between the simple frame outlines on the wallpaper and the fancy-schmancy frames I'm hanging.

First things first, I needed an arrangement. I used my dining room table to try out some layouts… Option 1 (sorta looks like I just tossed them there)

Option 2

Option 3- My Fav!

Before I commit to a layout, I'm going to use kraft paper to make templates and tape them on the wall. I can't risk putting tons of holes in my precious wallpaper!

The final decision I still need to make is what color to paint the frames… I was leaning towards turquoise, but I'm totally open to suggestions. Remember, the room is yellow, grey, white, and some black. Help a girl out with some advice!

P.S. Thanks sooo much for all of the wall stencil input! I've made my decision, but you're going to have to wait and see! Actually the reason for the delay is that I'm just swamped with Nate Show projects, and won't have time to finish it for a few weeks. The half finished wall is seriously staring me down on a daily basis!

art, and more:

Granny Frames! {Dining Room Update} + MegaCreative