My Creative Blog + MegaCreative

Loads of Color

Recently, I was asked by the amazing woman who runs our children's ministry at our church if I would be willing to help make over the kid's church room. It is sadly void of all color, and let's face it, is a little prison-like! Carolyn has a great vision for the program and wants the room to represent that and be a place where kids are excited to come and learn. Monica and I are committed to using our gifts and talents to bless other people as much as possible, which is why we started Design it Forward, and helped makeover a few rooms at the women's recovery center. Of course, I told her, I would be more than happy to help!
So here's the situation:

It doesn't scream"Welcome Kids!", does it?
And here's my plan of attack:

My first step was to figure out my color scheme, so I headed to Joann's Fabric for some inspiration.

I decided to go with classic colors instead of something really trendy so that the room/colors would always be in style and appropriate for kids. I was kind of wishing I could keep the fabric on the right, because it's adorable! I actually switched out the yellow fabric for one that is a little bit more goldenrod-looking because it matches better, and because the yellow polka-dot fabric was out of stock!

I pulled the paint colors straight out of my favorite fabric,

bought a few fun accessories,

and it's off we go! (I don't know why my crazy self thought painting stripes on a cinderblock wall would be a good idea. Crisp, clean lines are almost impossible! Bah!)
We're hoping to finish this room by Sunday and I can't wait to show you the big reveal.: )

art, Design, Fabric, Life, and more:

Loads of Color + MegaCreative