My Creative Blog + MegaCreative

{Happy Halloween?}

Hmm… does this look like halloween to you???

This will be quite a memorable halloween on the east coast. My kids will be out trick or treating with this backdrop…

Yup, those are really pics from my cell phone of our yard! Insanity!
Before I get into a little halloween fun, let me just tell you what a crazy weekend Jess and I had. You might have heard that a certain Mr. Berkus gave us another challenge that we taped this weekend. I can't say much, but let me just tell you that snow and power outtages were just the beginning of the craziness! I can't wait until we can tell you all about it!
Now, get ready for some randomness…

Every year Jess hosts a halloween party for trick or treating and then dessert. It's always a fun time and the last few years the adults have gotten into the costume fun too! Last year, I wore Kenzie's old batgirl outfit and Jess whipped up a Sherlock Holmes costume. This year we're actually going as Nate Berkus DIYers complete with the Gold hard hats from the show. Slightly cheesy, but really fun, and we didn't need to buy anything for it! Score!! (We'll post some embarassing, goofy pictures on Facebook)

I warned you that this was a random post… here's one of our favorite fall mantles from Pottery Barn. I love the sticks just wrapped up without even needing a vase. How simple!!

Source: theinspiredroom.net via Shara on Pinterest

Okay, and just to really finish this off randomly… Tomorrow is the beginning of theThanksgiving season (not sure that's even a real thing, but let's pretend it is okay?) and I think this coat is a perfect Thanksgiving Season must-have. If anyone sews and would like to knock this off, well I'd really love that!

Source: anthropologie.com via Janenifer on Pinterest

Happy Halloween!

P.S. We have some fun posts in store for you this week… Design it Forward recap, Jess' final bathroom reveal, and an awesome giveaway on Friday!

art, Holidays, Just bloggin' it, Life, and more:

{Happy Halloween?} + MegaCreative