My Creative Blog + pattern

A Fall Mantle: 2 Ways {Mantel}

I know that I'm a little behind on Fall mantle decor, but I thought I'd share what I have going on right now on my newly updated fireplace. When I stenciled the fireplace, I rearranged the mantle, as well, in a back-to-school/early Fall style.

I loved how light and airy it felt, yet still included some Autumn touches like the rust and yellow books and green apples. Works beautifully with my stencil, doesn't it?

The books are actually Monica's that she bought at the barn sale, and I know she wants them back, but I don't think she realizes how at home they look on my mantle. Maybe these pictures will convince her?!; ) The propeller thing was an item I found while on vacation at the Jersey shore and I whole-heartedly adore it. The tiles are from the historic Moravian Tile Works not far from my house. I have four of them and each represent a different season. 

 But then, I got itching to really fallify my house with rich, deeper colors, so today, I brought out all my junk and got to work. When I'm styling a mantle- or any space for that matter- I like to collect things from all over the house and mess around with them for a while. I should have taken a few outtake pictures, because oh boy, you would have thought I lost my head at some of the arrangements I came up with. I usually try to follow a few simple rules, like grouping in threes and mixing up patterns and textures. So, here's mantle # 2 for you:

In my opinion, you can't ever go wrong with pumpkins so I made sure to include them.

Some of the pieces were used in my fall mantle last year, like this copper-colored vase and faux grasses. The mirror was a $4 find at Liberty Thrift Store, that I've been holding on to until just the right time. 

I've had the little dried gourds for years, and the over-sized acorn came from Hobby Lobby. 

I always love decorating and redecorating my mantle again and again and again. It's a sickness. Do you change your mantle decor to fit the season? Which style do you prefer: Mantle #1 or #2? I'm undecided.: )

art, CreativeBro, Design, Fall, Mantels, and more:

A Fall Mantle: 2 Ways {Mantel} + pattern