My Creative Blog + print

Babysitting Swap

Let's be honest. We're in the life stage where dates don't happen very often. But, we're making an effort to change that…before we go crazy! My hubs and I are lucky enough to have my sister and her family live only 10 minutes away. They're in the same stage we are (except they have 3 kids three and under!), so we're giving the babysitting swap thing a try. Basically, one weekend we'll watch their kids and the next, they will watch ours. It's a wonderful thing that you could totally do with friends or neighbors or whatever. Last weekend, my sister, her husband and their kids came over while we went out, and I decided to make their"night in" watching our kids a little bit more fun. I mean, come on, they're giving up their precious time to help us get out, so they should be rewarded, right?

In the name of keeping things real, I just made them a dessert out of a box… (Confession: I am not much of a dessert girl, but I will never turn down a brownie!)

…bought a bottle of Moscato, set out two wine glasses, left a couple of bags of popcorn and a little handwritten note. Nothing fancy or difficult, but they were excited when they discovered it!

I wish I had thought to make a cute printable card for them, but it was such a spur-of-the-moment idea, that I didn't. But I did for you! Just right-click on the image and save to your computer. When you're ready, print it out on cardstock and you'll be all set.

Now, a night babysitting will be something to look forward to! How do you make time for dates? Have you ever tried a babysitting swap?

bags, CreativeBro, Date Night, Just bloggin' it, and more:

Babysitting Swap + print