My Creative Blog + MegaCreative

It's the Little Things {Hallway Update}

You know how sometimes the littlest things make you the most excited? Well, that's exactly the situation here. I made a teeny-tiny change in our first floor hallway that has me doing a jig (go ahead, picture that for a minute). A while ago, I ordered some vinyl from House of Smiths Designs, and I just got around to using it. I originally saw it used in Shelley's amazing gallery wall and absolutely fell in love. Can you guess which one?

Yup, the"Party of 5" frames. And no, this is not a baby announcement (but wouldn't that be a great idea??!! Christmas card, anyone?) I, of course, ordered it as"a Party of 4" and found the perfect frame for the job hanging in the hallway. Let's face it, this is a nice picture, but it's nothing special. Plus, I really wasn't digging the black frame mixed in with my clean, white gallery wall.

I laid down the vinyl on top of the glass just to be sure it fit before I went all spray-painting crazy on it. The frame got several coats of glossy white, and after I turned the photo + mat over, I spray painted the back turquoise blue to match the other pops of blue in the entry.

Adhering the vinyl is super easy (just follow the directions that come with it), and I was left with this:

Adorable! I love it and it ties in so much better with the rest of the entry space. (Please excuse the nasty glare- I couldn't get away from it!)

It really connects my huge family picture in with the gallery wall and adds a bit of fun as you walk out of the kitchen

Yay for small (but happy!) changes. If you're looking for something to personalize your home, you should definitely look into House of Smiths Designs. Super cute and affordable.

Are you a tweaker like me? Do small changes make you do a jig too?

PS. Don't forget to enter our giveaway for a $50 Gift Card to Shabby Apple! The giveaway is live until Sunday, June 3rd!

Design, diy, Gallery Wall, House of Smiths Designs, and more:

It's the Little Things {Hallway Update} + MegaCreative