My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

When Irish Eyes are Smilin'

The past few years going green has become the"in thing"… well guess what?? The Irish have been way ahead of this Earth-friendly trend. I come from a family of Boston Irish Catholics and I grew up loving St. Patrick's Day!

If you're not sure if you're Irish, well here's my own little questionnaire you can use… 1. You consider St. Patty's Day as one of the Major holidays. (Yup) 2. You eat corned beef and cabbage at least annually (and look forward to it) (Yup- can't wait!) 3. You know all the lyrics to at least 2 Irish songs (Yup, and 1/2 the lyrics to plenty more) 4. You grew up eating dinner on 3/17 at pubs where they would be playing Irish songs and serving green beer. (Yup- definitely a favorite childhood memory) 5. You have a professionally taken, childhood picture of yourself in a green velvet dress and your brother in a green velvet suit, complete with knickers and a green velvet scally cap. (Ok, that one might not be for everyone, but it certainly confirmed the fact that I grew up Irish)
So you might not have grown up Irish, but we can still have a little fun celebrating today! Let's start the celebration with a little song to get you in the spirit… I love this song!

How about decorating with the color of Ireland? Recently, I've been really interested in making a BOLD, Kelly green work into my decorating scheme. I have big plans to introduce some green furniture in my dining room, so stay tuned. For now, let's see what others have done with it…
This isn't exactly my style, but I'm sure a little leprechaun would be happy in this bathroom.

This avocado green is much more my style

There are so many shades of green and this BHG room makes use of many of them, but does it in a way that totally works.

Super-modern, bedroom for some lucky little leprechauns!

Green Imperial Trellis wallpaper… I haven't mentioned my Imperial Trellis (IT) obsession yet, but I adore anything in this pattern!

So what do you think about GREEN? Benjamin Moore is my favorite source for paint colors and this is just a little sampling of their greens. Are you going to give Ireland a little shout out in your decor?

You might not be ready to take the green plunge, but your kids might love these cupcakes in honor of St. Patty tonight! Family Fun has the recipe and it's a great one for having little helpers in the kitchen.

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day and let us know if you have anything fun planned for your family!

art, pattern, and more:

When Irish Eyes are Smilin' + TrueCreative