My Creative Blog + pattern

Fall Gingerbread and Transferware

O ne of my favorite fall breads is gingerbread. There's just something about ginger, cinnamon, cloves and rich molasses that make it so delicious.

I love to pair fall foods with my brown transferware. I'm certain it makes everything taste better.
I purchased the transferware several years ago when I came across them at Home Goods. I bought twelve bowls, salad plates, and dinner plates as I thought they would make wonderful Thanksgiving dinner ware.

This is what the pattern looks like. I love the birds with the flower adornment.

This is the mark on the back.

This monogrammed 'B' silverplate was my Grandmother's everyday ware, but I keep it tucked away for special occasions. I actually found an entire set of this pattern at a flea market, but without the monogram. I wonder where one would bring silverware these days for monogramming ?
Gingerbread Recipe:
2 cups organic all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves 3/4 cup low-fat organic buttermilk 1/2 cup organic sugar 1/2 cup organic molasses 1/4 cup organic low-fat milk 1/4 cup organic canola oil 2 large organic eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
Combine flour through cloves in a large bowl with whisk. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk through eggs and stir with whisk. Pour into flour mixture, stirring until moist.
Bake for 45 minutes or until done. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove from pan. Enjoy.
Happy last weekend of October to you! xo

Design, Farmhouse Table, interior, and more:

Fall Gingerbread and Transferware + pattern