My Creative Blog + interior

Fall Color New Hampshire Style

Kicking it into four-wheel drive up
I thought I'd share with you what I do each morning to start my day off, hike with our golden retriever Dylan. We're fortunate enough to live in a state that offers so much clean outdoor space so we hike every morning for an hour and a half through the woods, unfortunately the views are usually from the top of a range. (Yes, it was so easy hiking with a camera!)

On the way up, outcroppings of granite, we're called 'The Granite State' in reference to our tradition of self-sufficiency.

Yes we're still going up but nothing gets your day going quite like a little exercise! (Although I'm not against sitting around in my pajamas first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee in my hand!)

Once at the top of the ridge there are open spaces and a well-worn path through the forest.

Topside you get a lovely view of the mountain range before descending down to the lake. Trust me there's an easier path below to the lake and I wish just once my faithful companion knew that.

Although it's beautiful and peaceful walking in among the trees without a soul around.

At the bottom we're rewarded with a beautiful view of the dam....

and someone gets to take a dip....

and have a bit of a roll in the crunchy leaves before heading back.

Almost home....

Home! I keep wondering why everything is always up hill but I guess the best things in life are worth working for. I hope you enjoyed our hike in the beautiful fall foliage. Anyone who wants to hike Dylan's always ready, willing and able!

art, Design, and more:

Fall Color New Hampshire Style + interior