My Creative Blog + Spray paint

Chalkboard Door {Garage Entry}

So, last week I gave you a little peek into our newly organized garage with the easiest DIY coat rack known to man, but I saved my most favorite part of the makeover until now. Really, I was just going for a new functional space that corralled our junk, but the one thing I decided to do was add some personality to our garage door that leads into our house with a little leftover chalkboard paint.  

Isn't it cute?! We also painted the wall with paint we had on hand, painted the trim white, added a cute, super easy set of hooks for bookbags and coats, and organized our shoes and everyday paper products. I've had this chalkboard paint FOREVER, and it has served me well through many projects!

Once I did three coats on the entire door using this method, I then seasoned it using a big piece of sidewalk chalk. Make sure you use the side of your chalk, instead of the tip, so you don't leave any permanent marks on the door.


Definitely not the prettiest look after it's been seasoned, but never fear!

Once you wipe it down with a damp cloth and add your text, the door starts looking a whole lot better! I was inspired by this vinyl from Belvedere Designs, so if you don't want to make a big statement like this, but still like the sentiment, you can buy it in smaller form.

Some of the phrases make me chuckle every time I walk in the house like"Down Boy","I'll sign for that" and"What are you doing here?". 

I had an old frame laying around that I spraypainted and added heavy duty magnets to. I love the pop of color on the black door.

I can't even tell you how much a transformation this area has undergone! Now, I don't feel stressed every time I pass through. Makes mommy happy.

And the chalkboard step I added makes the kids happy.

It's a win- win for everyone!: ) What crazy things have you painted with chalk paint?

art, bags, CreativeBro, diy, Outdoors, painting, and more:

Chalkboard Door {Garage Entry} + Spray paint