My Creative Blog + print

Design it How you Like it {EC2 House Tour Update}

I've been so excited to share this project with you, but I promised myself I'd hold off until our Fall Kickoff! Way back in May, I shared my foyer with you… This might jog your memory.

Bigfoot Rug

Then, I asked for some help to come up with a solution for this space…

Foyer Ideas

I was leaning towards something like this, but you guys gave me some amazing ideas! Seriously, I was wishing I had like 5 foyers, to try out a ton of different ideas!

Creative Foyer Ideas

Well, in the end, I did go with something graphic, and something with letters, but something that is so much more my personality than just"Hello"…

There you have it…"Shut the Front Door" Seriously, I chuckle to myself every time I walk upstairs. I have a weird sense of humor and this is just so me. Honestly, what I love the most is when people say,"Oh do your kids always forget to close the door?" I just go,"Oh, yup! Those rascals" Ha! The double meaning just kills me and I love that I have a 4x6 foot little joke in my house.
Now here's my soapbox about designing your home how YOU like it… I totally could have just gone with a"Hello" or a"Welcome Friends", or even worse"Home is Where the Heart Is," but honestly I think I'd break out in hives if I had to see that every day. My home is a reflection of who I am, and like it or not, I'm sorta sassy and I think cheeky jokes are funny. So forget what other people will think and embrace your own personality. What would your walls say?
How to Add Personality with Wooden Letters: I was super lucky that Janenifer from The Finest Kind contacted me about my foyer. She was just opening her shop and suggested I try wooden letters to add more depth than just vinyl or paint would. After seeing what she created for her own home, I was sold!

Isn't that awesome? (Her prints were made using the Good Old Staples Print Trick!)
Jennifer's business is 163 Design Company…

You definitely need to check out their store. Your options are endless and they have awesomely reasonable pricing. I loved that I could choose my font (Chunk Five) and Janenifer was so awesome to work with while I planned out my words. She didn't even judge me when I told her what I wanted to write on the wall! LOL.
I used 3M Command Strips to hang each letter- they're not heavy at all. The letters are made from Eucalyptus wood, which let's be honest. just sounds plain cool.

I planned my general layout…

Applied my Command Strips, Did a little measuring…

And then had the hubs help me hang them. He went up and I did lots of"A little to the left, no right, now down, back up…" You get the idea. He loved it! We did use a chalk like to get straight lines to work from. I definitely recommend doing that!

We painted our letters white, but left the sides the dark color they turned from the laser cutting. I really like the effect it has.

There you have it… my new foyer!

Seriously, I'm chuckling now, even as I type this…

This is the view I see from my kitchen and I think it's awesome! (We had our kiddos' artwork displayed all summer, but it's been relocated now. More on that fun project coming soon!)

163 Design Company is offering East Coast Creative Readers 15% off their order for the next two weeks! You might not be ready to make such a huge statement like I did, but I totally encourage you to add some of YOU to your home somewhere! Use the Code ECC15 and get 15% off your order, now through September 30th. Click HERE to go to their online store.

So tell me… What do you think of my foyer update? And, what would you put on your walls? Linking up to: Tutorials & Tips

art, creative, CreativeBro, and more:

Design it How you Like it {EC2 House Tour Update} + print