My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

Easy Pulled BBQ Pork

Memorial Day is almost here, and with it comes picnics! For some reason, this holiday is one of my favorites- I love dressing my kids in patriotic colors and going to the local parade, and the fact this this day officially kicks off the summer!

Last year's Memorial Day parade in Doylestown- Charlie was, quite obviously, not born yet.
Anyway, I'm going to share with you a very easy meal that is sure to please the crowds at your picnic this year.I saw a similar recipe somewhere (I can't remember where!) that inspired my own version. Here goes:

Ingredients: 3-4 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast 1/2 bottle of Dr. Pepper (or Dr. Bob, in my case. Haha. Who comes up with these names?) 2-3 cups Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce Salt, Pepper & Garlic salt to taste

This roast was a 5 1/2 pounder because I was making it for a crowd. It ended up that we had TONS of leftovers that my hubs has been eating all week.

Hopefully, pictures of raw pork don't gross you out too much! First, place your roast in the crockpot. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to your pork roast on all sides. I like to really rub it into the pork.

Then pour the soda over the top of the pork so that it comes about half-way up your roast.

Pour one cup of Sweet Baby Ray's over the top of your pork.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Open lid, and drain all but about 1 cup of liquid from the crockpot. Using two forks, shred the pork. Add 1-2 cups (depending on your taste) of BBQ sauce to the pork and mix together. Serve with extra BBQ sauce. (I like it just as it is, with no extra sauce!) This is a really good, easy pork recipe that never fails.
I was too busy eating the pulled pork to remember to take"after" pictures of the finished product, so just imagine this is it:

Source

Eat and Enjoy!

Entertaining, food, Life, and more:

Easy Pulled BBQ Pork + TrueCreative