My Creative Blog + The Farmhouse

Brass Candle Sconce

I came across a brass candle sconce at an antique store several weeks ago and thought, hmmm, that's nice... It was exactly $3.50 so I thought I'd just see what I could do with it. As you can see from the photo above, it was quite brassy.
I dug into my basement cabinet where I keep all of my magic potions and found some "brass ager." That's right, it makes shiny brass look old and dingy in seconds!

I hung the sconce on the small wall next to our kitchen sink. I was thinking that I'd leave that wall bare because it seemed that all of the art work I'd hung there in the past looked crowded and heavy. But leaving the wall bare didn't look quite right either. So I thought the sconce would add a nice element of detail. It fits proportionately, and has a nice aesthetic from the side as well as from the front.

I took these photos at dusk as the fog was rolling in. The forboding weather made lighting the candle all the more alluring.
So that's my $3.50 purchase. I think it was money well spent because when I light the candle, I find myself standing in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, sipping my tea....unable to walk away from (yes, a fire hazard, but mostly....) its warm flickering glow.

Design, interior, Recycled Beauty, and more:

Brass Candle Sconce + The Farmhouse