My Creative Blog + print

30

I.Turn.30.Today. Happy Labor Day Mom! You did all the work thirty years ago, so it's sorta weird that I get all the presents, but hey, I'll take it.
I'm not really one to make a big deal out of birthdays…21 was no big, crazy ordeal, although come to think of it I was pretty darn excited to turn 16 because it was my official age to start dating (and yes, I had my first"official" date on my sweet 16th) So, as 30 approached I didn't plan on it being a big deal, but honestly I found my self doing a good bit of thinking. Looking back on what I've done so far and thinking about what I want my focus to be going forward.
I got to thinking… I did a WHOLE LOT in my twenties… I married my best friend. I was married for every day of that decade. I graduated college. Bought three houses, sold two. Was pregnant eight times-yes eight. I gave birth 5 times. I grew as a person. I grew as a mom. I brought four amazing babies home. I let my twin boys go to heaven. I taught high school. I owned a home staging business. I became a cyber teacher. I started a blog. I thought primitive decor was cool. I changed my mind on that one. I found my design style.
Here's my thoughts in a mini, little nutshell… even though I did a whole lot in my 20s, I don't know that I've been all that intentional. I kind of go with the flow, and try and do things well. I want to be intentional. I want to do things for a reason, not just because. See these kids? They're insanely amazing.

They're the best thing I've done in my 30 years. I want to make sure that every day they feel that way. I get pretty passionate about stuff I'm doing, house projects, blog posts, Nate Show, even my work… I guess going into 30, I want to be sure that my kids feel like I'm even more passionate about them, their spelling lists, their coloring, even their ENDLESS knock, knock jokes (please make it stop!!)
So that's all. Here's to 30 (it's the new 20 duh!) and here's to being intentional for the next 30 years!

And this picture made me laugh oh so hard!

Source: someecards.com via missy on Pinterest

******************************
And today, you have to go check out Red Letter Word's prints that are just perfect for Valentine's Day. How awesome is this truth?

art, MegaCreative, and more:

30 + print