My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

Chevron


House of Smiths DIY Chevron Rug

If you read home blogs at all, you will not be able to avoid the very popular trend of using chevron in decorating. What is chevron, you ask? Chevron is a zig-zag line pattern, sort of like a simplified herringbone. It is absolutely popping up everywhere- from curtains to rugs, to desktops and backspashes! It's a very bold choice and makes a big statement in design.

Jens kitchen nook modern dining room

modern dining room design by other metros media and blogs Made By Girl

Bethesda Renovation Kitchen 2 traditional kitchen

traditional kitchen design by dc metro interior designer Paula Grace Designs, Inc.
Notice the chevron pattern in the backsplash?

Blount Design eclectic dining room

eclectic dining room design by atlanta architect Blount Architectual and Interior Design

Even my absolute favorite home decor store, Pottery Barn, has jumped on the chevron bandwagon!

DIY Chevron Art

I, for one (and I may be the ONLY one), am not a fan of chevron. {Gulp} I confess that you will not find many geometric, modern patterns in my home. Mostly you'll see paisley or stripes- a little bit more classic in my humble opinion. But if you are digging the chevron, there is no shortage of DIY projects out there in blogland!

What's your opinion?
Are you a Chevron Lover or Hater like me?

art, Design, Home, pattern, and more:

Chevron + TrueCreative