My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

In the Market for a Basket

I want a basket. A big basket. There is a big gaping hole in my living room, in my opinion, that needs to be filled with a beautiful, handwoven basket that can hold a few throws or blankets. But did you know that there are a million basket options? It's overwhelming.

Here's the space that needs to be dressed up:

I did some browsing, and found some really lovely possibilities.

A Beach Cottage traditional porch

traditional porch design by sydney media and blogsA Beach Cottage
I was definitely thinking that I wanted a basket, but this wooden box really got me thinking. But what I'm really hooked on is that beachy, coastal, cottagey look this picture has. Take all those things, throw in a bedroom and a kitchen, and you have my dream house.

The Old Painted Cottage traditional kitchen

traditional kitchen design by los angeles showroomThe Old Painted Cottage I hadn't considered a round basket, but the shape might really work in the space I have.

Pottery Barn This is definitely my favorite basket from Pottery Barn, but I can not justify paying $189 for one. Or maybe I could save my pennies, and buy one in five years.

Another simple, basket that would easily fit the bill.

These restoration hardware baskets are super cool, and I love the dark color, which is the direction I'd like to head in my living room.
How can I ever choose?


Design, Home, and more:

In the Market for a Basket + TrueCreative