My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

Alphabet Print

After C2 was born, I was looking for something to put on a shelf in his bedroom. I came across this awesome print below on Etsy.

Childrens Art Alphabet Poster Make It Personal Custom Wall Art

The Paper Tray

I loved the idea of having one of these made for C2 that I could frame and put in his room, but it cost $23.00. That's not outrageous by any means, but I knew that if I put a little effort into it, I could make something similar. I had the frame and mat already (both from Ikea), and I used regular old printer paper, and here's what I came up with:

I painted the mat a green color that I already owned to match the colors of his room.

He likes it!

Obviously, it's not exactly like the original print, because I changed the font to one I thought was a little more fun, and the spacing of the letters is a bit different, but it works! Wouldn't this be a great gift for a couple getting married? Or someone having a baby? Or even to put your kids names on to hang in a playroom? Unlimited possibilities!

Sometimes all it takes is a little time, confidence in your abilities, and a tiny bit of creativity to save a few bucks and create something you love!

Have a great Monday!

Design, diy, Home, print, and more:

Alphabet Print + TrueCreative