My Creative Blog + Fabric

The Grinch Front Door {Christmas 2012}

Here in the Mangin household, the holiday season is fully underway! We're kind of lame and don't put lights up outside the house, but we do have a rockin' front door! I actually have to give the hubs credit on this idea, I was considering painting my front door (just for Christmas- yes, I'm crazy like that) until Eric made a joke about it being the right color for The Grinch. I gasped in delight and told him that could be epic and amazing! Welcome to my Grinch Christmas Door!

Here's how I made Mr. Grinch… I popped online to find a good picture or two as my inspiration

I might be creative, but I'm so.not an artist! Freehanding these pieces was intimidating, but they actually were pretty simple. I used some simple household items to trace out my shapes in on felt.

Do you see those scissors? Yup, they're safety scissors… I can never find any of my good crafting scissors. Did I mention Jess and I are a disorganized mess??

I got a long piece of felt for The Grinch's hat and JoAnn Fabrics has legit Santa trimming. Honestly, it's the real deal- Santa would be proud!

I had all my pieces ready, but first I needed to add a little Whoville flare! You can't have a Grinch without Whos!

While I was working, Pennlyn was chillin' and watching. She was too cute not to share!

I used heavy duty double sided tape to adhere the pieces to the door. I know some paint will be pulled off, but it needed touch-ups anyway.
Just look at that Grinchy grin!

The true test of my attempts at a Grinch Holiday door is the kids… I'm proud to say we had a house full of company on Tuesday, and the kids loved it! Kaden's buddy Jack (9 yrs old) came in and said,"Miss Monica, I LOVE your door. It's Awesome!" It made my day!

And just so you don't think we're Grinches here at the Mangin household, here's my very favorite line from The Grinch.

The Grinch and Dr. Seuss had it right for sure. I'm so thankful for all the super-fun holiday festivities, but they pale in comparison to the gift of God sending his son for us. Merry (Early) Christmas!

art, Craft, creative, CreativeBro, and more:

The Grinch Front Door {Christmas 2012} + Fabric