My Creative Blog + interior

European Visions....part one!

image via House Beautiful
Have you ever noticed that when you renovate or change a room all the other rooms off your 'new' room seem to be lacking? Well it was no different for my husband and I, once our kitchen was done we decided the downstairs bathroom needed major help. Yes unfortunately there's a bathroom right off the kitchen, not my favorite place in the world for one but it's a 220+-year-old house and when bathrooms came into vogue it seemed the best place to put them was off a kitchen.

Since our newly renovated kitchen has a slight European flavor that can be seen here I had visions of old world European dancing in my head.

image via Maisons Cote Sud
At one point along the way someone had taken what looked like a closet in our bathroom and put in a nasty plastic shower insert that had to go! So dreams of stone wafted through my head. Hey, I can dream! I would also love a stone floor but that's an option I KNOW won't happen.

A rain shower head is one of my first choices!

I love the antique mirror with sconces but usually mirrors like that cost $2000 and up and isn't in my budget'still dreaming here. And I know the husband doesn't like vessels sinks, sigh, must we always think of them too?

image via Relics they have some wonderful old stone and marble sinks
Since the husband hates vessel sinks I showed him some examples of marble sinks on decorative bases but he wasn't impressed.

image via Bobby McAlpine in House Beautiful
So maybe something unique like an urn....

image via Barry Dixon
or semi vessel sinks, aren't those iron stands stunning?

image via Phoebe Howard
or a single marble sink on a chrome stand? That isn't reaching to far out there is it?

I was vetoed on every sink but one, the sink that's still in there from when the bathroom was originally put in circa 1925! Yep, that sink is from 1925, a good ole American Standard sink, still has the original brass tag with date underneath and the original faucet handles. If you look real close under the sink and to the right you can see the bottom part of the water pressure gauge, it has this huge round gauge on it that Mister Man, aka the husband, wants to keep. He doesn't understand the words EUROPEAN, WORK WITH ME HERE!
Stay tuned, up next the finished results! (I hope)

art, Design, House Renovations, and more:

European Visions....part one! + interior