My Creative Blog + Recycled Beauty

Country Baby Quilts

S hortly after Hubby and I were married, I began thinking about babies. I always dreamed of having babies, but once we were married it was a dream I could finally wholeheartedly embrace.
Antique quilts were the first items I began to purchase in anticipation of becoming a Mom. I came across them in antique stores, sometimes referred to as 'doll quilts' due to their small size, and loved imagining our babies snuggled up inside them.
Of course, time passed without babies, so I stopped buying quilts, and put the others away for safe keeping. Now, five years later, I'm pregnant with two sweet little ones, and the quilts have found their home in the nursery.

This lavender trimmed quilt is 19" x 23". I just love the vintage fabrics and the sweet hand-stitched detail.

This quilt is 27" x 33". It's much more simply stated with a baby blue and red patch pattern. I love the little 'hand made' tag that is stitched inside.
I love thinking of the women who made these quilts. I have no doubt that they were made with great love and warmth for their children or grandchildren....or even just as an expression of the creative warmth inside them. It's a wonderful thought that makes them all the more beautiful to me.

art, creative, Design, Fabric, interior, pattern, and more:

Country Baby Quilts + Recycled Beauty