My Creative Blog + interior

The New Gray?

Photo Simon Upton
Suddenly I've got this thing for black furniture and it's all Darryl Carter's fault, once I saw this picture I was intrigued. I love how the black pops against all the white really making the furniture a statement and brings out the clean lines. Less seems to be more!

voila!
Then I saw this beautiful black bench on 1st Dibs and kept thinking how stunning it would look in an entryway. Before I knew it everything kept coming up black, so I'm now wondering is black the new gray?

Cote de Texas
It wasn't just furniture I was seeing in black but doors as in Joni Webb's home from Cote de Texas. Kitchens and whole rooms were taking on a whole new meaning of sophistication and seductiveness.

House Beautiful

House Beautiful
I love how all the white ironstone pops in this beautiful cupboard, it looks so elegant.

House Beautiful
Black and white can look very classic, timeless, the walls almost seem to float.

Tate Gunnerson

Design Sponge
A splash of bright bold color can keep a room from feeling to stark and adds a touch of playfulness.

Design Sponge

lonny mag

http://www.melanieacevedo.com/
So my questions are to you, is black becoming the new gray? Could you make a bold statement such as this and paint a room black? I don't think I could paint a whole room black but I'm certainly going to try it out on an interior door this weekend thanks to Joni at Cote de Texas. Baby steps for me, how about you?

art, Design, and more:

The New Gray? + interior