My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

At the Foot {Master Bedroom Redesign}

Now that we have our hallway bathroom redesign almost completed, I've already moved on to my next big project (because life is not complete without some sort of project going on, am I right?)! I'm just in the daydreaming, inspiration-pic collecting phase, but there are two things I know I want: A neutral color pallette (surprise!) and a bench at the foot of the bed. We recently rearranged our bedroom on a whim one night (say goodbye to the simple door headboard!) and I'm totally digging the new layout. All of a sudden it feels like we have a lot more room, and so now the wheels are turning about a major overhaul to the whole space. Am I excited? Oh yeah. So, back to the bench: There is something so appealing to me about using the space at the foot of the bed that often goes overlooked. Plus, I can't wait to have a spot to throw all my clothes on sit down and put on my shoes, or pull up my stockings. Who the heck am I kidding? I don't wear stockings. Anyway, here's a little round-up of some of my favorite benches at the, you guessed it, foot of the bed. There are so many different design directions I could go in, but I think I've narrowed down my top four categories: Rustic & Simple, Upholstered & Chic, A Double Ottomon, and Completely Non-traditional. Take a peek:

Simple & Rustic This obviously fits the coastal cottage feel I'm going for, but I also want to be careful I don't go overboard with the"theme".

Source: None via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: valdirose.blogspot.com via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: scotchandscones.tumblr.com via Jessica on Pinterest
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Who knew a bench could make your heart stop beating?!

Upholstered &Chic I kind of like the idea of the element of surprise this could bring to the room- a little more modern (or at least, transitional) than the rest of the space.

Source: housebeautiful.com via Jessica on Pinterest
Isn't that bench just plain awesome? I love that it has a back and it just looks cozy!

Source: crateandbarrel.com via Heather on Pinterest
This had me at the nailheads, for sure.
The Double Ottoman This is so clever. It definitely breaks up the space at the end of the bed instead of seeing one solid piece, and so, creates the look of a little more space. Plus, you could totally use these somewhere else if you ever needed extra seating.

Source: granvillehouse.blogspot.com via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: bhg.com via Jessica on Pinterest
My personal fave of the bunch are the ones above. Glorious color, lines and detail.
Completely Non-traditional I'm pretty sure I won't be entering this territory, but it's so fun to see the options out there. People are so creative, aren't they?

Source: imminentenvironment.tumblr.com via Jessica on Pinterest
Of course, I love a good basket, but I have a small bedroom and visually this looks huge to me and takes up a good amount of space. I'm looking for something a little sleeker, but isn't it perfect with the nautical vibe? And did you see that vintage map wallpaper? I die. Source: buzzfeed.com via lila on Pinterest

Source: housebeautiful.com via Peanut Butter Fingers on Pinterest
I could turn my old suitcase into a bench, but doesn't this scream beauty-and-the-beast-household-item-that-came-to-life? I'm afraid I'd wake up to it singing to me or something.

Source: bucketsofburlap.blogspot.com via Amy on Pinterest
Now who would of thought to put a vintage bathtub at the foot of the bed? Not me, that's for sure. I'm obviously not that creative. But it's beautiful in all it's rusty, chippy glory.
So, can you see the beauty in a foot-of-the-bed bench? Are you digging it like I am? 

Oh yeah, there's still time to vote for our knock off project for Round One of Crafting with the Stars. Polls are open until 8 PM tonight, so please take a trip over to Sew Dang Cute and vote. Thanks a million! Click Here to Vote

art, Craft, Crafting with the Stars, creative, Design, Home, and more:

At the Foot {Master Bedroom Redesign} + TrueCreative