My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

Warm & Cozy

I'm jumping the gun here a little bit, but all this rainy, cool weather has made me long for a good sweatshirt and a warm blanket. I'm with Monica: Fall is definitely my favorite season; the colors, weather and holidays just make me happy. However, my tendency is to put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt when I want to cozy up, but let's be honest, no one looks good in that combination. As a mom, I find it difficult to pull together a cute outfit when I have so many other things clamoring for my attention.

Source: google.com via Jessica on Pinterest

Lindsey, over at The Pleated Poppy, hosts a linky party every week called"What I Wore Wednesdays", and here's what she says about it:"hey, i think just getting dressed each day is an accomplishment worth documenting. that’s what this {WIWW} is, just a place for us to have accountability to get out of the yoga pants, and have some fun while we’re doing it."
I'm pretty sure that you won't find me posting weekly about what I wore, (because trust me, it wouldn't be pretty), but I like the concept. Especially, since the majority of my time is spent being a stay-at-home mom, putting a little effort into what I wear would probably go a long way. I bet I'd get a lot more accomplished. And I'm pretty sure my hubs wouldn't complain. Seriously. I guess this is just one more thing I'm adding to my list of areas in which I need to be more intentional. Anyway, here are some of my favorite looks for the upcoming season. (Ha! Btw, I just realized that 6 of my 11 inspiration pics include knee-high boots. Guess you know what item I'm drawn to!)

Day at Home/Running Errands/Playdates

Source: bananarepublic.gap.com via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: iamagreedygirl.com via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: None via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: None via Jessica on Pinterest

Working 9-5

Source: urbanoutfitters.com via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: oldnavy.gap.com via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: jcrew.com via Jessica on Pinterest

Hot Date/Girl’s Night Out

Source: None via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: polyvore.com via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: polyvore.com via Jessica on Pinterest

Source: polyvore.com via Jessica on Pinterest
And I just couldn't end this post without a shout-out to Toms shoes. Casual, comfy and cute, these shoes work with anything (no joke- two of the girls on my highschool tennis team were rocking them with sundresses and it was adorable,) Toms are a bit pricey, but for every one pair of shoes you buy, another is donated to a child in need. Big bonus, right there. I'm putting these lovely chocolate Toms on my need-to-have list:

Source: toms.com via Jessica on Pinterest
So, if you see me around town in scrubs, smack me please gently remind me of this post. Thank you.

art, Be Intentional, fashion, Life, and more:

Warm & Cozy + TrueCreative