My Creative Blog + interior

Huckleberry Muffins

I realize that I've been posting a lot on food recently. I would say it's because I'm pregnant and food is on my mind quite a bit but honestly, it has more to do with dragging my feet on other projects. Shall we say these have been the lazy days of late summer?
Not too lazy to make my new favorite muffins though! These come from a Blueberry Muffin recipe from the fabulous gluten-free baking book called, " Gluten-Free Baking Classics," by Annalise G. Roberts. Go here to see the book.
My friend Karen, who follows a strict gluten-free diet, recommended the book. We are not a gluten-free household but these recipes are delicious and I think having variety in your diet is always a good thing.

Recipe:
2 cups Brown Rice Flour Mix 2/3 cup granulated sugar 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 3/4 teaspoon xanthum gum 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1 1/2 cups unsweetened fresh dry blueberries 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup canola oil 2 large eggs 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray. 2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xantham gum, salt and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Add blueberries; stir to coat evenly. 3. Combine milk and oil in small bowl; remove 1 tablespoon of combined liquid and discard it. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add to dry mixture and stir until just blended. 4. Fill muffin pan and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.* 5. Bake 18-25 minutes and until light golden. Cool on rack.
* Cinnamon sugar is 2 tablespoons sugar to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
We happened to have wild huckleberries on hand, so we used those in place of blueberries.
I hope that everyone had a lovely long weekend. We, once again, spent our entire weekend working on the house. The upside is that we accomplished a lot and I'll have some after photos of the dining room in my next post!
xoTrina

Design, Farmhouse Table, and more:

Huckleberry Muffins + interior