My Creative Blog + Ramblings

A Secret Barn

I took the long way into town this morning. I set off by driving down our dirt road and into the valley we look out upon. Winding through hills, past farms and pastures, I came upon this sweet old barn.
I love how the barn sits tucked away behind the orchard. It makes the barn all the more alluring.
After walking under the canopy of green to the end of the orchard row, I reached the barn. Standing there under the bright morning sun, I suddenly felt like I was someplace I shouldn't be — perhaps because, ahem, I was trespassing. So I didn't stay long.

Walking back to my car, my flip flops crunched through the dry summer grass while my head swirled with the magic of the barn. It made me feel like a kid again, having just discovered a secret new hide-out.
P.S. I've updated my blog template (hope you like it!). There have been a few kinks to sort out which have kept me busy but nevertheless, I'm excited about the new layout!

Country Living, Design, interior, and more:

A Secret Barn + Ramblings