My Creative Blog + projects

Design ADD

I have Design and Decorating ADD. Never heard of it? It's when you start one DIY project, and before finishing it, you move on to something else that catches your interest. I'm pretty sure my BFF suffers from it, too. (Just ask her husband!) Just to prove it to you, let's take a look at the projects that are going on simultaneously right now at my home: Cleaning out and reorganizing my collection of barnwood, old doors and cabinets in the shed:

Recovering lamp shades for the chandy in my dining room. (No joke- this has been this way for at least a month)

Refinishing the buffet with Annie Sloan chalk paint- one coat done, two more to go.

I just finished a mini-makeover of this side table.

I'm sealing this project and letting it cure. I can't wait to reveal what it is to you soon!

Repurposing an old cabinet door into something cute for my son using some awesome paints.

Sanding, stripping, and more sanding of the dining table top. This thing is not going down without a fight, I tell you!

At least my mantel is already decorated for early Fall. Thank goodness.

I'm pretty sure Monica and I are not the only ones who struggle with this, am I right? Please say yes. Do you hop around from project to project, or stay with one until it's completed?

art, Chalk Paint, CreativeBro, diy, and more:

Design ADD + projects