My Creative Blog + tell me about it

our passion for design...

my favorite project of Lauren's a blown up print on her dining room wall
Did you hear the Skirted Roundtable's recent interview with Lauren Liess of Pure Style Home ? I highly recommend it; she gives awesome home design tips, and she sounds as fun and lovely as she seems on her blog. She mentioned that she graduated from college with a degree in Communications, I believe, and only after spending all her time at work doodling interiors did she realize that her real passion was in interior design.
Does that ring a bell with you? It really did with me. I am not a designer but it certainly is my passion. Yet I ended up with a degree in English and working in the law field. I have a good friend who would make a top notch architect, yet her passion and clarity for that field surfaced long after her college days.

Lauren's entry
What about you? Were you attuned to your passion for design early on? Or, was it 'discovered' or 'uncovered' later, after another career? If so, why can't we tap into these leanings earlier? Is there a growth process that leads us to our true passion?
Thanks so much for your input! Since I began this blog, I have been fascinated by the number of folks/bloggers who come to design from another area, especially law....
Photos from Pure Style Home

Design, interior, print, and more:

our passion for design... + tell me about it