My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

Travel-Inspired Design {Part 2}

New to the blog? This is Part 2 of a series on my discovery to creating a home that is comfortable and stylish. I find that thinking about the places I've been that have really impacted me and that I fell in love with, helps me discern what styles I want to incorporate in my home. Each place has a certain feel that I would love to capture at home. To read Part 1, click here.

Have you ever been to Nantucket? (Sigh) It's probably my favorite place on the planet, other than my bed, and I think about it often. It is an island off the coast of Massachusetts that has a distinct New England feel. It's a combination of classic/preppy and casual/coastal. The homes on the island don't go for sale very often because they are passed down through generations, but when they do, they cost a pretty penny. Worth every bit, I'm sure.

Source: superstock.com via Jessica on Pinterest
I remember riding my bike right past this little, rose-covered gem with a white picket fence. Dreamy.

Source: inspireddecorating.blogspot.com via Jessica on Pinterest
The towns (and there are only 2 on the island, I think) has great cobblestone walkways throughout.

Source: google.com via Jessica on Pinterest
If I could wake up in this room every morning, I'd be a happy woman. Lots of neutral tones, but the wooden bed and brick step add warmth and depth. And oh, the gallery wall and french doors leave me breathless. I get like that sometimes over rooms. No big deal. {Ahem}

Source: etsy.com via Jessica on Pinterest
I love this painting. I'm already trying to figure out how to recreate one for cheap. More on that later.: )

Source: cottages-gardens.com via Natasha on Pinterest

Source: chameleon-interiors.blogspot.com via Natasha on Pinterest
Cedar shingles are so elegant and classic. They start out a light tan, and then as they weather, turn into that gorgeous, moody gray.

Source: inspiracionline.blogspot.com via Natasha on Pinterest

Source: brightboldbeautiful.blogspot.com via Natasha on Pinterest
Of course, you have to enjoy a good, old-fashioned lobster bake when on the island, and who wouldn't want to do that in this adorable space? Aren't those red and orange stools fabulous? And the chandeliers are awesome too, and are totally an easy DIY project!

Source: canvas.landsend.com via Susie on Pinterest
Even this outfit screams"Nantucket" and, if I could, I would wear that every day of my life. Yes, even for my kid's weddings, in case you were wondering.

Source: traditionalhome.com via Natasha on Pinterest
So cozy. I adore the faded blues and tans, and the fabric on that pillow.

Source: google.com via Jessica on Pinterest
So, hopefully, now you understand my love for all things Nantucket. Stay tuned for Part 3 later this week!

It's good to be back from vacation. Happy Monday, everyone!

art, Design, Fabric, Home, travel, and more:

Travel-Inspired Design {Part 2} + TrueCreative