My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

She's Gone Country…

While I should have been home preparing for a television shoot, I was off traveling in New England this weekend. One of the highlights of our trip was a completely impulsive, spur of the moment, Taylor Swift concert with my daughter Makenzie. I was completely impressed by Taylor Swift. She was humble, thankful for the 52 thousand fans, and downright adorable. As a mom, I was so thankful for the example she was in her style and the way she presented herself. Her outfits were amazing, but they weren't immodest or trashy and the way she danced was fun and not overly sexy. I've always been a fan, but after last night I'm totally sold!

Source: artof-love.tumblr.com via Monica on Pinterest In honor of our special night together, I thought I'd take a little time and explore country style. My first thought when it came to country blogging and decor was The Pioneer Woman. If you haven't checked out her blog, which really is WAY more than just a blog, you're missing out. She has an amazing"Lodge" with a genuine country, mountain feel.

As I began to explore country style I realized that even though I have a more transitional style, I'm really drawn the light colors and the primative storage used.

Source: houzz.com via Monica on Pinterest
Metal baskets like this were really popular this year. There were tons of great DIY versions, that were pretty similar to these ones from Anthropologie.

Who doesn't love a country kitchen? Again, the light colors and presence of white gives the room a soft, yet clean, crisp feel. I'm loving the green cabinets and accents.

The blue and yellow in this kitchen is awesome. It just so happens that they're the very same accent colors as my"coming soon" dining room. I love the idea of open storage, but in real life, with 4 kids, that is just NOT going to work.

Source: coastalliving.com via Monica on Pinterest
Even though I'm more of a modern or transitional girl, I do love me some farm table! I can't wait to show you our version later this week. It's old farm meets Restoration Hardware (with 8 legs!)

Source: countryliving.com via Monica on Pinterest
Old wooden floors make me happy. Right now we have laminate hard wood (a must have for our crazy kids), but someday I really would love to bring in old, weathered hardwood a pair it with my more contemporary style.

Source: blog.baerhomedesign.com via Monica on Pinterest
Sometimes I wish I was a country girl because designing a country room seems so simple. Lots of white, metal, and just a few accessories. This bedroom is adorable and Jess would love the baskets under the bed.

Source: beautifulpaper.tumblr.com via Monica on Pinterest
I know this room isn't really country, but I feel like it's a modern take on country. The colors are perfectly country, but the lines of the furniture and some of the accessories have a more modern feel. This room is right up my alley.

Source: smg.photobucket.com via Monica on Pinterest
So, I might not have"Gone Country," but I did enjoy exploring the style. Who knows, soon you might see me around my house, listening to Taylor Swift, and wearing this…(which btw I think is actually adorable!)

Source: dottieangel.blogspot.com via Monica on Pinterest

art, Current Events, Design, and more:

She's Gone Country… + TrueCreative