My Creative Blog + The Farmhouse

Joan of Arc

M eet Joan. I've known her since I was a little girl. This Italian bust of marble and alabaster used to sit on a table in my Grandmother's foyer in California. Before that, she came from my Great Great Grandmother's house in Chicago.

Growing up, I didn't know her as the tragic and heroic figure Joan of Arc. She was just the pretty lady that greeted us in my Grandmother's entry.

For now, she's on our bedroom dresser. Eventually, I would like to relocate her to the living room downstairs, but will need to find a table strong enough to support her.
Hubby wasn't all that crazy about Joan when she first came to live with us. She reminds him of his parochial school days.
But I think she's growing on him.

Design, interior, Recycled Beauty, and more:

Joan of Arc + The Farmhouse