My Creative Blog + The Farmhouse

Multi-Tasking

I 'm almost too tired to type. We put in another full weekend converting the old sauna into our home gym. But due to my inability to focus on just one project at a time, I also managed a few other side tasks. One task was a five minute bed makeover....explanation to follow.

Hubby worked every second of the weekend putting in fir floors.

While he cut, I pitched in by installing some of the boards. The paint on my jacket is from painting this room last weekend.

The tongue and groove fir flooring went over the concrete floors. It was surplus from the wraparound porch. Some of the boards had been pre-primed and some had not, but for our purposes, it doesn't matter because we plan to paint the floors grey. These boards are mostly seconds, so the paint will cover a lot of the imperfections in the wood.

I took advantage of Hubby's every pause, and wandered inside where I replaced our old beige quilt with the above antique popcorn quilt.

I also managed to repair an antique frame (a piece of the rounded detail was missing).

After the spackle was dry I touched it up with gold paint, which I need to finish.

Lucy provided the supervision needed to accomplish all of our tasks (even my multi-tasks). She is still wearing the bright yellow bandanna she received when she had her hair and nails done at the beauty spa.

I like the brightness and the old-fashioned charm the popcorn quilt offers. I also think it defines the bed better than the beige quilt did against the jute rug.

And of course the detail of the crochet is just beautiful.
As you can see, I haven't yet reupholstered the Victorian chair. I ordered some velvet samples but none of them were the right color. And after the bench upholstery job I did for the closet vanity, I know I will have to take it to a professional. No doubt about it.

The lovely and talented Brooke over at Blueprint Bliss did a post on our farmhouse last week. She has a beautiful, inspiring blog....go check it out!

Design, interior, and more:

Multi-Tasking + The Farmhouse