My Creative Blog + Rug

At Long Last {Urban Outfitters Rug}

It's been a while since I first posted about never having bought a rug and daydreaming about what I'd buy if I could. Since then, I DIYed two floor mats and made my first big rug purchase. I feel like rugs are a really big commitment, and I have trouble taking that first step knowing that next year, I'll probably change my mind and hate the rug, but I have to keep it anyway because it was so expensive. Is that true for anybody else? Well, I found the perfect solution: a really cool rug for under $100. That's a commitment I can -and did- make. Let's take a look, shall we? (Warning: This is a picture-heavy post!: )

I'm so super excited about this rug because it adds so much personality to my otherwise pretty white and neutral kitchen. I love the pattern and that it isn't too overwhelming, but still makes a statement. After seeing the same rug in a different color on Young House Love, I got it from Urban Outfitters for $89 plus free shipping.

It is not a cushy rug at all, and will probably need a rug pad, but I'm going to live with it a few days before making any decisions. You know, because I'm cheap like that.

I was so anxious to get it in the kitchen and snap pictures to show you guys, that I didn't even let the seams settle at all. Oops! 

I'm pretty happy with the way the navy color-blocked drapes play off the green in the rug. The room still feels sophisticated, but also a little bit playful. (Which, by the way, I would love to be described that way!)

I'm still on the lookout for a round pedestal table and chairs, but haven't had any luck. My original plan was to thrift a table and chairs, but I actually just saw that Ikea has a white round table exactly like I want for just over $100. I may have to resort to that if I don't come across a table I can DIY soon.

Ooooh, I'm so thrilled. My first rug purchase made me a happy girl.
What do you think of the rug? Did you know Urban Outfitters sold rugs?

CreativeBro, Design, Kitchen, pattern, and more:

At Long Last {Urban Outfitters Rug} + Rug