My Creative Blog + Staples

DIY Faux Canvases {Kira's Room Makeover}

I'm excited to share one of my favorite projects from Kira's Room Makeover today! These faux canvases make an awesome impact on the room and man alive do they make me smile! Everyone knows that Jess and I are slightly obsessed with Staples' Engineering Prints and this project just added one more reason to love them!

Oh, and if you haven't seen the rest of the post for this room makeover, you can check them out here: Room Reveal & Video
Mosaic Accent Wall
Whiteboard Wall

This could perhaps be the easiest DIY on the planet and, I think I might have said that about a few projects before, but really it is! Here's What You'll Need: Staples' Engineer Prints Foam Core Scissors Tape The first thing I did was to edit and crop my pictures into squares. Next, Jess cut down the foam core into squares (we needed 4)

IMG_0685

We placed the prints over the foam core and left plenty of extra on all sides so that we could basically wrap it like a present.

IMG_0694

To hang these canvases, I nailed directly through the foam core into the wall. The nails barely show (I used really thin ones), but you could use chunky ones for an industrial look, or Command Strips for a more polished look.

IMG_0705

Don't they look awesome? Kira LOVES them and I do too. The bottom picture is of KJ and her Papa while we were waiting for the gates to open at Disney World last year. The look on her face is priceless!

IMG_0799

And oh.my.word- Those Converse with her skirt rock my world! This little girl has so much spunk and personality and I just love that this simple DIY project captures that.

IMG_0806-001

You can check out some of our other Staples Prints Projects: Huge Family Art for Under $20

Main Pic

Garage Artwork for $6.99

Engineer Print Artwork

Ginormous Family Art

Ginormous
IMG_0821

So tell me, do you have a have a place in your home where these faux canvases would be an awesome addition?
P.S. Jess and I are pretty excited to spend the day FILMING something amazing on Monday. We are bursting at the seams to tell you all the details, but our lips are sealed… for now!!

art, CreativeBro, diy, Engineer print, Faux Canvas, print, Room Makeover, and more:

DIY Faux Canvases {Kira's Room Makeover} + Staples