My Creative Blog + tutorials

The Anti-Wreath {Fall Lovers Series Day 1}

If you read our posts last week, then you know that Jess and I adore fall. We love it so much that we thought it deserved its own mini-series!

I set out to write a post on awesome ideas for fall wreaths. Sounds simple enough right? I mean wreaths are making a major comeback these days. Well… through my research and pursuit of fabulous wreaths to share, I realized one thing… I HATE wreaths! Yup, I'm confessing it publicly. I think about 90% of them look dumb. So, I needed to find a non-dumb looking something for my door… I found some inspiration and I'm pretty happy with it!
The Anti-Wreath Tutorial Here's what you'll need: An 11x14 frame (with the glass removed) Paint Ribbon Pumpkins (real or"funkins" haha I just love that cheesy name) Staple Gun Chair Pads
I went to Michaels and bought this frame 50% off, but… it was still $15.00. I headed down to the basement in search of another 11x14 frame that I could use.

Here's what I found. I didn't like the lines as much as the other one, but I sure did like the price tag… FREE! (Do you like all the dust on the edges?)

The best part about this project was that I ended up only buying 2 pumpkins and a can of spray paint!

I really wanted to use mini real pumpkins, but I think I was about a week too early in the season. Instead, I found these cuties at Michaels for $2.99 each.

The first step was to spray paint the frame purple. I didn't take pictures of this because really, how many times do you want to see me spray paint something? Then, of course I didn't wait long enough and scratched the paint. GRRR… back to do another coat. I might add here that I used Krylon paint and it was awesome. I loved the way it sprayed and it did dry really quickly… 10 mins max… I just touched it at about 7 mins!

I did a little test run of the frame on the wreath hanger and it was banging all over the place. NOT COOL. I don't want a dinged up door! So… I ran to my closet of tricks and grabbed these chair pads.

No more destroying my door

For the ribbon, I simply tied ribbon onto the stem of each pumpkin and then stapled it to the back of the frame. I also tied one piece of ribbon around the frame and knotted it onto the wreath hanger.

I think that as far as wreaths go, well, it's pretty cute! The whole project took about 15 minutes (ok, maybe 20 because I smudged my spraypaint!)

It's not an"In Your Face" wreath… I think it's just a little accent that fits my style just right. (don't you love the little halloween stickies that my kids taped on the windows with scotch tape? They're my mini decorators. I'm finding faux leaves and pumpkins everywhere!)

For Christmas, I plan to paint it red and add some christmas balls. Something like this…

Source: google.com via The Real Housewives on Pinterest So, there you have it. An anti-wreath post, from a wreath hater.: ) I might be a hater, but I know some of you dig the wreath. If so, you need to check out Emily over at one of our favorite blogs Jones Design Company. The Nonna Wreath Tutorial

And even as a wreath hater, I admit this one is pretty cool! Perhaps it's the English teacher in me… Book Page Wreath Tutorial

I'd love to know if you're a lover or a hater… and head over to Emily's blog tutorials and let her know we sent you! Have a fabulous Monday!

P.S. Jess and I hung out Sunday night and did what BFFs do… ate brownie batter, browsed Pinterest, read blogs, and planned out some super fun posts for the next month! Can't wait!
Linked up to: Stories of A to Z Tip Junkie The Inspired Room southernhospitality

art, Confessions, Design, diy, TrueCreative, and more:

The Anti-Wreath {Fall Lovers Series Day 1} + tutorials