My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

I HEART September!

I love September. It's my favorite month of the year. It does mean the end of summer, but the beginning of fall. I adore fall. September in the Northeast gives me the best of both worlds… Warm summerish days and cool, crisp mornings and evenings. Sweaters + 77 degree days = one happy blogger!

I can't tell you how many mornings in September Jess and I will text each other before 8am with something like,"OMW have you gone outside yet? Perfect weather!" (Yeah, we really are big dorks!)
Ok, so one of my favorite things about September is acting like it's still summer on one of the the really warm days. Whether it's a Saturday, or just an evening when the kids get home from school, we love to just head out to the pool, have one last night of grilling out, and eat ice cream… of course ice cream!
Homemade Cookie Dough Ice Cre am  We recently bought an ice cream maker from Target. You can get it online HERE, but I suggest checking out the clearance aisle because I got mine for like $8.00!

I've had homemade vanilla ice cream before, but I thought it was only so-so. I went to a favorite recipe blog and found a chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. Not just vanilla with cookie dough, but a real cookie dough flavored ice cream with dough in it. YUM! Click HERE for the recipe… then bookmark it because her site is awesome!

It was a simple recipe…

and the whole family got in on the fun!

My helpers checking to make sure it was working…

My skeptical supportive husband wasn't so sure this was going to work out… after all, the maker was only $8.00 and the rock salt we needed was only 75 cents per bag! But, look at that creamy goodness!

So, if you're at Target this week, check out the clearance aisles and maybe you'll find this fabulous ice cream maker. Bring a little summer fun into September this month. Trust me, you'll be glad you did!

So, are there any September lovers out there like me? What's September like"in your neck of the woods?" (Thanks Al Roker)

art, food, Home, Life, and more:

I HEART September! + TrueCreative