My Creative Blog + TrueCreative

Pimp My Billy {Part 1}

My Billy Bookcase that is!

Source: ikea.com via Ashley on Pinterest
I honestly think about 90% of people have had an IKEA bookshelf in their home at some point. I'm pretty sure you can find four in mine right now. The problem I have with the Billy bookshelves is that they don't have anything unique or cool about them. They're just functional. So, I decided to"Pimp my Billy" and bring on the DIY. I didn't go too crazy, but fabric was a definite must! I did this pre-blog, so I don't have step-by-step pictures, but here's the after shot.

The fabric totally works with the accent chairs in the room…

but, try as I may to like it… I don't!

I reluctantly let was thrilled to have the hubs pick out the paint color in this room and I think it's way too dark enjoy the challenges this color brings!: ) The fabric however is just blah and doesn't pop at all.

So, here's the new fabric…

I think It's gonna do the trick! This week I have to go away on a work trip, but it's the first project I plan to tackle when I get home!
Once we heard about The Nate Show coming to our house to tape, I went into high speed to get the house semi-ready. One area that was pretty weak-sauce were these bookshelves. I feel like I threw random books and stuff on and went"Ta-da!" So, this week I went on a hunt for new accessories and armed myself with oodles of spray paint!

I honestly adore my little Mr. and Mrs, but I love them even more in their new colors. Check back tomorrow to see what fun you can have with just a little paint!

**PS. Today is your LAST chance to enter our giveaway to win two tickets to see our live Nate Berkus Show taping in NYC on September 1st. Click here for all the details.

**PSS. If you missed Friday's awesome post by our guest blogger, Stacy, of Salvatori Photography, and her AMAZING giveaway (1 hour photography lesson plus 10 of her best photos of your kids), today is your lucky day. We're extending the giveaway until Thursday and will announce the winner on Friday.
GO ENTER NOW!

art, diy, Fabric, Home, Life, and more:

Pimp My Billy {Part 1} + TrueCreative