My Creative Blog + The Farmhouse

A Kitchen of Roses

F resh cut roses are among my favorite summer things. I look forward to making bouquets for the house with great anticipation. They make the house feel as if summer has walked in.

My mom has a small rose garden from which she makes the most beautiful bouquets. You couldn't find anything more lovely in even the most exquisite flower shop. My memories of growing up with those bouquets are what inspired me to grow roses of my own.

So far I've planted the varieties Geoff Hamilton, Windemere, Glamis Castle and Heritage by David Austin. All are soft shades of pink and white.

My only regret is that they don't last forever.

But perhaps that's a good thing as it's always those fleeting tastes of sweetness that make you revel in their beauty all the more.

Country Living, Design, interior, and more:

A Kitchen of Roses + The Farmhouse